What to expect
- A thorough case history will be taken to discuss the reason for consulting us and your medical history.
- A physical examination will be conducted. The Osteopath will examine the region where you are experiencing symptoms, your entire spine and other regions of your body that may be influencing your problem.
- You will usually have to remove some clothing for the examination. It is recommended that you wear appropriate underwear and bring a pair of shorts.
- We regularly help children and teenagers, but do not examine individuals under the age of 18 without their parent or guardian present.
- After the case history and examination the Osteopath will be able to explain the most likely causes of your problem to you and how best to deal with it.
- Osteopathy is manual treatment first and foremost. Treatment begins in the first session and is included in the fee.
- You will be advised on the most suitable management for your problem.
- You will be given advice on ways to take care of you body and look after your spine
It is important to understand that we aim to formulate a proper diagnosis of your problem before treating.
Back problems have many different causes. Some causes of back pain are relatively simple to care for. Others are more serious and require intensive treatment and rehabilitation.
The Osteopath will often examine and treat other areas of your body that could be contributing to your symptoms, but are not necessarily painful.
The Osteopath will take time to accurately diagnose your problem and continue to reassess you as you proceed through your course of treatment.
In some cases further medical investigations are required before treatment can commence or if you do not respond to manual treatment sufficiently. Our examination and treatment approach is very respectful.
We welcome anxious patients.